The closest airport is Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport, located around 30km from the city centre. It takes around 30 minutes by taxi (40€) or shuttle (5-8€), and around 1 hour by bus (4.10€) to reach the city. Timetables can be found here.
There are direct connections from Ljubljana Airport to most larger European airports, such as Amsterdam, Belgrade, Berlin, Brussels, Frankfurt, Istanbul, London, Munich, Paris, Vienna and Zurich.
You can also fly to nearby Airports like Trieste, Klagenfurt or Zagreb.
If you are arriving by bus or train you will arrive at the main station, which is located in the center of the city, a walking distance from the venue and many hotels.
Ljubljana is served by a large network of city buses. The bus stop at the venue is called Razstavišče and is served by lines 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19 and 20. The map of all lines can be found here. During the conference guests can ride for free by presenting their conference badge. Otherwise, the price is 1.20€ per ride (90 minutes including changes) and has to be payed by Urbana card, which can be purchased at the kiosk or at the green machines on some stations.
Nationals of some non-EU countries require a visa to enter the European Union. To visit EXRS you need a C-type visa. More information is available at the foreign ministry website or at your local embassy. Make sure you apply well in advance, as the procedure takes at least 2 weeks. If you require a letter of guarantee, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Slovenia is located in the Central European time zone (CET/CEST).
- The national emergency number is 112.
- In Slovenia the power sockets are of type F, with 230 V voltage and 50 Hz frequency.
- Tap water is generally safe to drink.
- For EU citizens the European Health Insurance Card is valid in Slovenia. Other nationals are advised to arrange travel insurance for the duration of their stay in Slovenia.